At Silverchip, we’ve committed to being a responsible member of Manchester’s tech community, one that is committed to actively developing the region’s talent pipeline.
That’s why we’ve registered to become a Digital Futures Ambassador – so we can join the 250 businesses that are committing to bridging the digital skills gap.
Why is Digital Futures so important?
Because, by 2035, Greater Manchester’s digital and creative sector will require an additional 22,000 roles in order to sustain itself.
This figure is staggering, especially when you consider that right here, in 2019, we are already experiencing a skills shortage so severe that one-third of our region’s digital businesses have reported turning away work due to a lack of talent.
That’s why we’ve decided to join the collection of progressive businesses that have decided to become Digital Futures Ambassadors.
How will we get involved?
Becoming Digital Futures Ambassadors means we can support the programme in a number of different ways, depending on what suits us.
• Designing and delivering work that will help bring the curriculum to life
• Providing industry work experience placements and internships for students
• Helping to educate educators and careers advisors on the breadth of roles available
• Contributing resources that will increase awareness and understanding of the industry
• Sharing knowledge through presenting talks, masterclasses, and inspiring workshops
Do you want to get involved?
For Digital Futures to be a success, it is vital that Manchester Digital hit its target of having 250 signed-up businesses.
Want to play your part?
Then follow in our footsteps, sign up to become a Digital Futures Ambassador and join a network of progressive businesses that are pulling together to help shape a brighter future.